Sunday, February 8, 2009

No, You're Dumb... And I'm Not Going to Sugar-Coat It...

Many times I've been asked why I get so worked up over these seemingly mundane topics... so I suppose I'll just start this week's rant off with a brief explanation. There are MANY things in the world today that are just so fundamentally f*cked up and we all choose to overlook it. We just go, "Oh, that's just dumb," and walk away. No. Don't walk away. If we start accepting stupid as the standard of behavior for humanity, then it will become the standard. I feel that is is my moral obligation to take a stand on my own little soapbox to call stupid STUPID where I see it. It's more than just shopping carts and Krispy Kremes... but those things DO matter. So that leads me into this week's angry tirade. Actually, I kid... it's not really that angry of a tirade. But it's something that's been bothering me. People love making excuses about things they do and even about life in general just to make themselves feel better. And yes, it IS to make themselves feel better and not the rest of humanity. We go out of our way to be politically correct and nice when it is clear that we don't mean it at all. The other night I went to see "He's Just Not That Into You" with some of my friends... and that movie was a kick to the ovaries and completely hurt my brain and my soul. It's not a bad movie, in fact, I found myself being quite entertained by it despite my dismay over the actions of the characters... which pretty much sums up how I feel about people in general. WIthout spoiling the movie for those people that want to go see it, it essentially explains how people sugar-coat things that they mean and other people start buying into the deception which leads to a cycle of delusional behavior. So how's a chick flick relate to life? Well... people go out of the way to pretend to be nice. You know it's true. People get together with their close friends and family and talk smack about everyone. And when you're face-to-face with the topic of discussion, suddenly it's, "OH HEY BUDDY! Wassup?" If you claim you don't do that? You're an even bigger lying sack of fecal matter. But because of this two-faced behavior... done under the guise of being nice and polite in society... we get other people who would deliberately seek out the subtext of hatred when people really don't mean anything derogatory. Case in point: The American Life League thinking Krispy Kremes are supporting abortions. Or... apparently Rachael Ray is a terrorist. Yes, in a Dunkin Donuts ad, she was wearing this: A friend of mine (Shout out to Galen!) sent me this link: http://www.newsweek.com/id/139334 And in the article it said: "The bloggers went on the attack when they saw spokesgal Rachael Ray wearing what they felt was a kaffiyeh, or Arab headdress, as a neck scarf. It was in fact a black and white paisley scarf, not traditional Arab garb, but that didn't matter when blogger Pam Geller posted the following under the header 'Rachel [sic] Ray: Dunkin Donuts Jihad Tool': "'ave you seen Rachel [sic] Ray wearing the icon of Yasser Arafatbastard and the bloody Islamic jihad. This is part of the cultural jihad,' wrote Geller." Seriously? Rachael Ray is a jihadist?! Why must people hijack DONUT ads? First Krispy Kreme and now Dunkin Donuts? HAVE YOU NO SHAME!? Abortion Krispy Kreme and Jihad Dunkin Donuts... words cannot express the dismay I feel. But all of this is derived from people not saying what they mean. Who can blame them? I am not a supporter of people just saying mean things out of spite because that's just messed up. I can't believe I'm saying this but this is where groups like the KKK (or any other white supremacist group), The Westboro Baptist Church, et cetera have it right. You see a stampede of people wearing white hoods, you know what their message is. Or you see a horde of people carrying picket signs to military funerals that say things like this: or Sidenote: Are you kidding me? God blew up Space Shuttle Columbia because of gay people? Anyways, as delusional as these groups are... you know where they're coming from. There's no subtle subliminal message when there's a burning cross on someone's lawn. But because of the need to be politically correct about retarded things, we're calling Rachael Ray a terrorist. But yet we're totally kosher with people still using "gay" as a derogatory term. I just don't get it. People are outraged against things that aren't REAL while true injustices and bigotry still exist in the world. Don't pretend to be nice. Why can't one just say, "Move your fat ass out of the way!" And ya know what? If your ass is in my way AND it is fat... you have no right to be offended. I'm not going to sugar-coat it and say, "Pardon me, your excessive girth is impeding my ability to get past you. Oh I'm sorry you have a glandular condition..." ARGH! If someone tells me to get my rice-eating Asian ass out of the way... I can't be offended either. I love rice. Just because you try to be politically correct in public doesn't mean you're morally righteous. Just because you protest against imagined slights doesn't make it right for you to be a dumbass in private. If you're going to be dumb... be true to your colors, my friend. Because otherwise, everyone gets confused and starts hallucinating stupid where stupid doesn't exist. And quite frankly, there's enough REAL dumb people in the world for us to deal with.

No comments: