Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Can't Be The Crazy One RIght?

Greetings loyal blog readers! I'm back after a brief hiatus in which I went to Canada. As a sidenote, anytime I'm in Canada or mention Canada, this pops into my head like a giant YouTube thought bubble: Anyways... whether you were anxiously awaiting my next rant or really glad I wasn't around so you didn't have to pretend you read my stuff out of an obligation not to offend me or somewhere in between... I'm back. :) The next couple of weeks are going to be hectic as I'm preparing to move to California. Worry not, my friends, there are still plenty of things that will irritate me between here and there. However, I'm actually starting to comtemplate my own sanity. You know the saying that if you keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome... that makes you crazy? Well... that's the impasse that I'm at. I am so annoyed by all the stupidity around me and I try to make my stand against it, expecting the stupid to decrease... to no avail (of course). Does that make me the crazy one? Such deep thoughts to ponder... but then I see another article about the Westboro Baptist Church and realize that I can't possibly be more crazy than them. Or perhaps this woman: As long as there are people more crazy than I am... and I can wake up in the morning going, "Wow, I'm glad I'm not _______." I can deal with that. Now before I begin, to all of my religiously conservative readers out there, I just want to point out that I am not anti-religion. I'm not anti-God. I'm Buddhist, which isn't REALLY a religion in the traditional sense, but that is what I am and it allows me to look at different religions with a different light. I really do believe in this quote attributed to Buddha: "Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." So... I do not mean to offend, I just want to challenge points of view and hope to learn something new within the discourse. So... with that said, I stole this picture from a friend of mine that I post with on a soccer forum (I'm sorry I can't remember your name!): I know, before people with pitchforks and torches come storming to my front door, that not everyone that is religious is THAT wacky. Just because you believe in something doesn't mean you're an extremist. I get that. For example, I totally believe in animal rights and anti-cruelty to animals. I mean, how can you look at a face like this want to hurt it? (I'm referring to the orange one on your left): But, that doesn't make me an extremist and doesn't mean I can't condemn the nutjobs that throw animal blood on people who wear fur or leather coats. Seriously, what's that going to do? They're just going to buy ANOTHER fur or leather coat... resulting in the death of yet another animal. People are dumb. This made me LIVID when I read the article earlier this week: http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/584792.html Excerpts from the article: "A religious fringe group from Topeka, Kan., is coming to Clarence Center and Buffalo on Sunday to picket church services to remember victims of Continental Connection Flight 3407. Westboro Baptist Church has long been associated with virulent anti-gay views and has picketed the funerals of American soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Members contend that the deaths it pickets are God's punishment for what it considers the nation's permissive attitude toward homosexuals." If your God is that homophobic, spiteful, and bored to just pluck planes out of the sky and throw them into populated areas... maybe it's time to find another religion. More from the article: "'It’s pretty cold and heartless,' Rick Zabel of Clarence Center said when learning about the group’s visit. 'Can’t they find something a little more constructive to do?' Zabel was one of several people who told The Buffalo News that they had never heard of the group or were, at best, vaguely aware of it. 'I don’t think it’s going to help anyone around here. People are trying to process this. Residents here need to heal themselves,' said Daveq Merlo, also of Clarence Center. Funerals for the grandmother of President Obama, then- President Bill Clinton’s mother, Frank Sinatra and hate-crime murder victim Matthew Shepard are among the hundreds that church members have picketed." Mr. Zabel put it best, "cold and heartless" and "can't they find something a little more constructive to do?" It is times like this that the idiocy of the Westboro Baptist Church needs to be spread around. So many people are like Mr. Zabel and haven't heard of this group until they decide to roll into a town near you and start picketing a funeral. And who knows... the funeral they picket, may just be your's. I actually would welcome these fucktards to my funeral. And with my internet fans as a my witness, I hereby INVITE the Westboro Baptist Church to my funeral with the hopes that my friends and family can lay an intellectual bitch-slap heard around the world upon their retardation. I feel it is my moral obligation to fight groups like this and spread the word that what they do is NOT acceptable and should NOT be tolerated. Yes, I understand that for some people that "any publicity is good publicity," but I beg to differ. I'd like to believe that if there is enough outrage... change will happen. I'm almost tempted to create my own church, twisting the words of God, Allah, Buddha, or any other deity to my own personal interpretation. I would call this the Internet Church of Poon or something, but that'd bring a lot of unwanted publicity... I digress. It just never ceases to amaze me how quickly rational people can go from zero to retarded. Or just purely how MANY dumb people there are in the world. Case in point, whenever it snows and it covers the lines of parking lots... people suddenly lose their ability to park their cars. The first one there, I can see it can get somewhat hairy. "Shoot, I think I remember the row started here..." and then everyone SHOULD just follow suit in terms of parking in a line at relatively the same angle. This is especially the case on say... a MILITARY BASE. Military folks should by all means know how to form up into a formation. It's the same concept with a car! If you've never parked at such a ridiculously parallel parking-esque angle in a PARKING SPOT... what makes you think it's okay when it snows? Anyways... all this stupid... there is just so little time to fight it all. Maybe I should create a cult... the Cult of What's YOUR Deal?!? And we can all wear matching Snuggies (does anyone else realize that a Snuggie is just a backwards robe?). I mean... if the President of the United States can do it... I say, "YES WE CAN!"

1 comment:

PoonietheGreat said...

Update to the Flight 3407 protest, courtesy of Liz Busch:
http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/586891.html

All I can say is... YAY!

And I had this response posted to another site that I post my rants on, from a dude calls himself RevSpitz apparently from http://www.armyofgod.com:

Matthew Shepard was not a hate crime victim as you and the liberal media constantly harp on. He was a victim of a robbery and has been used by sodomites to forward acceptance of their sexual perversion. How many straight children have been molested and murdered by homosexuals like you? A lot. How many Christians have been assaulted by homosexuals like you because you didn't like the way they voted? A lot. How many Christian churches have been burned down by homosexuals like you because you disagree with the Holy Bible? A lot. Matthew Shepard is in eternal hell fire now and will never get out.
Whatever you think, you will not be able to change God's Word and will one day have to pay the price for not believing what God has written.
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:22-27

V22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, V23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

V24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

V25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, Who is blessed for ever. Amen.

V26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

V27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

SAY THIS PRAYER: Dear Jesus, I am a sinner and am headed to eternal hell because of my sins. I believe you died on the cross to take away my sins and to take me to heaven. Jesus, I ask you now to come into my heart and take away my sins and give me eternal life. http://www.armyofgod.com

***

Wow. I guess apparently now my little blog can be lumped together with "liberal media." WOOHOO!

And seriously... I think this guy just used bigger words and longer sentences to say: "Your blog is gay." Dumbass.