Saturday, November 25, 2006

First off, I hope everyone had an outstanding Thanksgiving filled with fun and family. I love the holiday season; it generally gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling. But then I turn on the television and see frantic shoppers or as I call them the REAL Desperate Housewives beating the crap out of each other to get into stores so that they can begin their shopping before anyone else can. It's at this point where I realize that the warm and fuzzy feeling is merely a mixture of heartburn and gas, because it's definitely not goodwill towards my fellow man.

It's utterly ridiculous how everyone kicks off the annual holiday festivities with fine dining with friends and family and then promptly rushes off to the nearest mall for a brawl over some pathetic little thingamabob to call a gift. True, there's no Cabbage Patch Kid, Furby, or Tickle-Me Elmo this year, but that doesn't mean that people aren't any less vicious. People are getting shot over PS3s and even in my own personal experiences I've once dropped by the nearest Walmart to pick up some batteries and while there I was subjected to pushing, shoving, and some retard with a shopping cart kept ramming me in my heels. What the hell was their problem? Ramming me isn't going to make the Chia Pet they were buying their kid a better gift. So let this be a warning to all of you as the Holiday Shopping Mayhem slowly reaches its full might. Please for the love of all things holy, play nicely. Nothing amuses a person like me more than to see grown adults fighting over something that's going to be sold on Ebay for half the price 3 months later. Hell, it's people like you that makes me enjoy shopping online. You go fight over the last Furby Patch Tickle-Me Pokemon 3… I'll just point, click, and wait for the UPS guy. Peace.

No comments: