Monday, December 8, 2008

Freakin' Wastes of Space

The world is full of absolute incompetence. I don't mind it when people are stupid... because I have MANY stupid moments and I'll admit to that straight up. But when stupidity starts to affect the people around you... that's when the brakes need to be put on and someone needs to get a knee to the face.

The worst part is when your life is made more difficult due to the stupidity of people around you. Case in point, I had to go into work today and work on a project that was absolutely fucked up from the start. Trying to coordinate something between 5 different people when no one seemed to have a clue about what you're talking about and you're the one that's supposed to have the easy job.

People working at Burger King... WTF? I want a burger. You serve burgers. It shouldn't take 20 minutes to MAKE A BURGER! What the hell else would people order at Burger King?!? How hard can it be to make a BURGER! It's not like you had to kill the cow yourself. It's not like I blind-sided you with an order of filet mignon! It wasn't like the line was long or that a lot of people were ordering. There was absolutely no reason why I should've been sitting at the Drive-Thru waiting for 20 minutes.

And it wasn't as if the burger was carefully made. The meat, lettuce, tomatoes, and buns were absolutely misaligned and looked like someone just threw it in the wrapper, folded the paper up, and just said, "Oh well."

Is it too hard to expect competence? That I should go through life expecting back the things I offer the world? I've done the food service thing... if I was going to take 20 minutes to serve you food, it was gonna be worth 20 minutes. If I just threw nachos at you in 20 seconds... well... it's 20 second nachos and you're not expecting it to be stacked nicely.

Yes, we're all entitled to be lazy however, when it's a regular occurance and the people that bust their ass to make things happen are always the ones that gets hosed... that's straight up bovine excrement. My life shouldn't be harder because people are stupid. Neither should your's. We deserve to have our expectations met. Society deserves better and stupid people need to be called out.

Let's go old school style... Scarlet Letter. Stupid people need to me marked with a big ole red S. That way... when I go to BK or work or wherever and I see a big red S, I won't expect Superman. I'll expect Stupidman and I won't be disappointed. Look, it's a brick, a lump of shit... no... it's STUPIDMAN!

Yeah. I need to rule the world. :)

No comments: